Elements of Dance
Dance along with Joanna and explore how to adapt movements using the elements of dance.
- A moderate amount of personal space.
- Students will learn a short dance phrase will explore how different energies and efforts applied to the movement can affect its meaning (using soft, flowing movements may evoke a more calm, peaceful dance, whereas using high levels and jumps might bring to mind happy and energetic feelings).
- Students are challenged to extend the dance phrase using their own movements.
- Can you use levels or directions in your phrase?
- How does changing the speed of your movement affect the overall feeling of your dance?