Hip Hop Fractions
Dance > Math
Dance along with artist Lou and dance different fractional amounts of a hip hop combination. Watch and learn the choreography in Louise’s video Learn a Hip Hop Combo to prepare for this activity.
- A moderate amount of personal space.
- Students will review a series of hip hop moves on a numbered count, then will be invited to think and move through how to represent different fractional amounts of this choreography.
- If the complete dance is 32 counts,
How would you dance 1/2 of it?
How would you dance 3/4 of it?
How would you dance 1/4 of it?
- Can you think of other fractions you could dance with this choreography?
- How could you extend this choreography to 36 counts?
- What other kinds of fractions can you create with your extended dance?