Spring Scavenger Hunt and Descriptive Writing
Mindfulness, Embodiment, and Drama > Language
In this video lesson, students learn to identify and describe a variety of signs of spring using creative writing.
- Access to outdoors.
- Pen/pencil and paper or electronic device.
- Look for signs of spring in your neighbourhood or backyard. Flowers? Buds or leaves on trees? Birds? Baby animals?
- Take notes on what they look like, sound like and interact with each other. How is one tree different from another? How does one bird’s song sound different from another? Take a deep breath. What do you smell in the spring air?
- Write a descriptive paragraph for two “signs of spring.”
- This activity helps develop keen observation skills, improve note taking, and improve descriptive writing skills.