Dancing a Spooky Narrative
Dance > Language
Join dance artist Lou to learn choreography to retell a narrative piece.
- A moderate amount of personal space.
- “A Spooky Narrative,” by Louise Paquette.
- Students will learn a dance for the beginning and middle of a short narrative piece written by Louise Paquette.
- They are invited to complete the story by writing 3 sentences to complete the narrative:
1. A sentence that tells us what “it” is
2. A sentence that tells us the narrator’s reaction to “it”
3. A sentence that tells us how the story concludes
- When students have finished writing their narrative, they will interpret their story through movements.
- Can you create dance phrases to lyrics in an appropriate song you like?
- Can you write your own story and then create a dance to it?
- Can you exchange stories with a friend and retell using dance?